<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Sunday, June 15, 2003

    So I was working today, and came across some butter. Cow embossed it said on the side. This threw me into a state of deep theological confusion. Can cows emboss? Why would one emboss its own butter, or another cow's butter perhaps? Could the world realy be based around cows? What does this mean in the greater scheme of things? And does emboss mean what I think it does?

    Now, I found out that emboss does actualy mean

    "Middle English embosen, from Middle French embocer, from en- + boce boss: 1 : to raise the surface of into bosses; especially : to ornament with raised work
    2 : to raise in relief from a surface"

    As I thought.

    Now how would a cow be able to produce its milk so that the produced butter was embossed? It just doesn't make sense. Then I saw the other meaning...

    "Middle English embosen: to become exhausted from being hunted, ultimately from Middle French bois woods : to drive (as a hunted animal) to bay or to exhaustion "

    What? So the cow tired out the butter? Then I thought, hang on, perhaps they are just saying that a cow was at some point embossed. Perhaps they had to chase the cow to milk it. I don't know why they'd put this on their packaging, but presumably it was hard work, and they are proud.

    So anyway... Nothing else happened today.

    Now I'm tired, I'm going to have a bath.
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?