<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Wednesday, July 23, 2003

    Now some people have asked why I disguise the names of my friends and enemies, to which I say:

    "Read the subtitle."

    However, this explanation does leave some room for interpretation, and I thought I'd take the time to explain myself and tell you how I come up with the names.

    The idea first occured when I realised I could get in quite a lot of trouble with my friends if I put on the internet private information about them, so everyone could see. So I decided I wouldn't use any names, but that left much to be desired for continuity, and made things rather confusing. Therefore, in this iteration of the site, I decided to use names, but false ones. And not crappy false names like "John Doe" but crappy false names like Captain Maturity.

    This also had the added bonus that I can talk about people I like and dislike without them ever knowing :-D I do tend to let people know who they are though, except where I realy don't need to, like GingerSexistBird, or Ski. They know who they are.

    How do I come up with the names? Sometimes it's realy very simple, a description, like our good friend GSB. Other times its a childhood nickname, once it was a bra size. It could be something they like, something they hate, or something so convolouted that no one would ever guess. Cho for example is difficult, unlike Chudson which is easy. If anyone can get my logic for Bursar knows me far too well.

    I am so confident that my system is flawless, that I promise that I will buy anyone who can correcty identify all of the people named here, a box of chocolates of their choice, within reason.

    Anyone who does realy well might get a Marsbar or something too. Answers to the usual address.

    Now I'm tired, I'm going to bed.
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?