<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Tuesday, September 09, 2003

    Ok, my lil bro has just started secondary school, and with the absence of any other suitable book, has inherited my Bible.

    Not that it's in good nick, the front cover is present but detatched, (it had been held on by sellotape and pure faith for 6 years, both of which have since decayed and broken.) And it's severely foxed, as well as doged, badgered and slightly beared. (Apologies to Mr Pratchett) So approaching me with it, he makes some joke in my style along the lines of

    "Glad to see you took such good care of this while you had it."

    I replied

    "Ah, but you must remember that..." I opened the Bible at a random page and began to read... "Don't hesitate to dicipline children. A good spanking won't kill them. As a matter of fact, it may save their lives."

    He and the girl I was with both thought i was joking, making it up, but honestly it's in there! Proverbs 23:12 if you were interested.

    It also made me realise that if ever I am short on something to say, I can always turn to the Bible for some quick humour, and its not always blasphemous either! A win-win situation.

    Now I'm tired, and I'm going to bed.
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?