<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Saturday, November 22, 2003

    England!

    Well, we did it! We won the Rugby World Cup, at last. Thanks mainly to our excellent fly half, and our lad's sterling ability to get the ball to him at just the right time, whilst simultaneously keeping the Aussies off his back. Great stuff.

    Rugby is a fantastic game, much under rated I think. I did notice that the commentators said much more regarding the rules of the game during the World Cup then usual.

    Things along the lines of "In this maul situation of course, they aren't allowed to tackle the ball carrier, despite his legs being visible."

    I appreciated this, as it helps remind everyone what is going on and why. It also serves to reduce the instances where someone loud and ignorant (amazing how often those two characteristics go together,) starts shouting abuse at the players on screen for not doing something, which they are, in fact, not allowed to do.

    Several times I heard people shouting "Just grab it!" While the ball was still in the oppositions scrum, or lying on the other side of a tackle. Ah well, I guess it is not their fault they are stupid.

    Well, it is kind of, they could read the rules.

    But then they might be genuinely stupid rather than just ignorant.

    In any case, I am not having a go, I was just happy that there was explanation of the rules going on.

    Now I'm bored, and I'm going to town.
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?