<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Sunday, November 09, 2003

    I have a newfound respect for the University of Bath students union.

    I'll start from the beginning.

    The glasses in our student bar are proper pint glasses, made well, sturdy, the right shape, clear, all that stuff. Worth over a quid each apparently. In the words of a friend, "Well worth nicking."

    As a result, of course, we are students after all, glasses have been disappearing back to rooms and kitchen groups. Not mine of course, I have highly developed morals in these issues.

    So what would an education authority do in these issues? Stop using the glasses? Hire security? Threaten expulsion? I would have expected any of these, but no, not BUSU.

    They wait until the holidays, nip into our kitchens, and steal them back. Sorry, but something about that just catches my sense of humor in the right way.

    It's so atypical of the usual attitude taken by people who have gained authority. It seems, to paraphrase one of my favorite authors, that they have managed to retain their anti-authoritarian streak even though they are authority... That's practically Zen.

    Now I'm tired, and its time to do more maths.

    27-8 27-0 27-5
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?