<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Saturday, December 20, 2003

    I have tried to update, believe me I have, but my computer is hacking me off, and due to a web design project, my internet has not been working properly.

    Pop Idol. I have happily been sheltered from this insidious project whilst at university, however upon return home it has been thrust upon me, and once again I am forced, against my will to have an opinion.

    Who will win? Frankly I don't care, but there has been much debate, and I will highlight the key arguments of two people who have views for which, generally, I have the utmost respect.

    In the Michele corner, the argument lies thusly; She is Scottish, therefore she will have the whole of Scotland voting for her. As will Wales, because it is either her or an English bloke. England will be divided, therefore, the probability of her winning is increased, unless there is a landslide in England.

    In Mark's corner, there is the view that at first, people saw Michele, she was a nice girl, unfortunately not with the 'pop idol' image. Therefore people felt sorry for her, and in true British fashion, rewarded 'good effort' with votes. However, now she is getting over confident and mouthy, to which the standard British response is; "Get back in your box you fat cow." Perhaps not so vehement but you get the picture.

    My verdict? Like I said, I do not care, but I am willing to predict that the record company is desperate for Mark to win, he is marketable, immediately and lucratively. They need but a few months to cash in on the teenage female market, and they have their money. Michele is a long term project. She does not have the appeal to keep people interested in a hard and fast marketing campaign. To make money from her they will have to make her last, and make the most of her voice bringing in purchases over the rest of the new year.
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?