<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Wednesday, April 28, 2004

    So yesterday I ventured into the city... My mission, to buy "Charcoal Autograph eyeliner" and random black mascara. Well, not my only mission but by far the most humilliating one.

    I compensated for this by entering M&S with a bike wheel in one hand, and being covered in oil and grease. I did get some very odd looks, although I did give some myself.

    The next scene should be recorded in stop motion fashion.

    0.1s -> I notice doors of lift begin to open
    0.5s -> Doors are open about an inch, I see there is a person inside
    1.3s -> Doors open about half a foot to a foot, I recognise parson as a woman
    2.1s -> Doors continue to open and more woman is being revealed
    3.6s -> Doors reaching sides of lift, more woman being revealed, still can not see the arms.
    4.0s -> Still going
    4.5s -> First glimpse of hands
    5.0s -> Doors fully open, then the person in question turns slightly sideways to fit through them, and waddles out.

    I leave it to you to supply the final comment on that situation.

    After locating the correct cosmetics, I headed off to find a new wheel, which was the reason I had come in the first place. The first shop was out of stock, (wheels are, after all, very rare attachments for bikes) so I headed off to the second, only to be stymied by a curious development. Attempting to cut though from one road to another, I found myself standing in front of an MDF wall which had been erected in my path.

    There was a very helpful sign that said "closed" but for some reason I was still irritated, perhaps it was because I had invested in a short cut, which ended up not only not saving any time, but in fact adding 5 minutes to my already irritatingly circulatory walk.

    And to add insult to injury, I got up at 9.00 today for a tutorial I never even had. Not strictly connected I know, but still.

    Now I'm tired, and have no lectures.
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?