<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Friday, May 21, 2004

    I was asked today why I feel the need to carry around a weapon.

    Just as a bit of background for those that do not know me too well, I have, well a slight thing with knives, and sharp edges in general. I am rarely without some form of defense, and this occasionally takes the form of a 2.5" penknife.

    I used this today, using the inbuilt LED to blind one of my friends, and Funny Guy (Remember him? From my house.) posed me the question.

    I could not immediately answer, and there was brief discussion on the legalities of such items.

    To set the record straight, I do not "feel the need" to carry a weapon, but sometimes it is a comfort (when strolling the streets of Portsmouth for example.) The true reason is that this particular implement also contains scissors, a ruler, a small saw and a screwdriver. All of which are difficult to carry around separately. The screwdriver especially comes in useful for glasses repair tasks.

    I do not even carry it often, especially in Bath, and definitely not on campus. Tonight I made an exception, for good reason. Almost explained why, but decided I did not want it to become common knowledge... never mind.

    Now I'm in pain, and I'm going to bed.
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?