<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Thursday, July 22, 2004

    As a return to regular Blogging I had written a long and scathing entry that I was quite proud of. However, toward the end, something more important came up, and I saved the post and exited. Upon my return, no post. So, you will have to put up with this cut down version.

    I have taken up Tae Kwon Do again, (henceforth referred to as TKD) and am currently allowing the class to believe I genuinely am a whitebelt.

    Of course, the instructor (who is no.1 in the UK/USA) knows, and after 2 weeks I will jump back to my previous belt so I can do some sparring practice. A few other senior students probably know as well.

    Looking around though, I am disappointed by the skill levels in some of the higher belts. True, the black belts are all very competent, and some of them simply awesome, but there are purple belts I think I could beat, and the same runs for red through green.

    Having said this, there are white and yellow belts (the lowest two) that I would never want to pick a fight with.

    Wearing a lower belt while I am still rusty as mixed blessings. Ranking highly was the look on a purple belt’s face when I knocked the sparring pad out of his hand and across the room.

    More irritating is the attempts at patronisation made by the higher belts. The most annoying thing is how bad they are at it, but then I suppose most of them are only 15.

    Strangely, the thing I look forward to most about starting sparring is not putting the arrogant greens and reds in their place. I actually want to take on the black belts, and get beaten. I think you learn faster that way anyway.

    Now I'm at work, I really should get on with it.
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?