<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Friday, August 13, 2004

    Got this e-mail today, felt like complaining.

    HOW TO STAY YOUNG

    1. Throw out non essential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him/her.

    Hmm, do we think this was written by an American? I think we do. Somehow I do not think putting on 50 stone is not the way to stay young. I can probably concede to age and height though.

    2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

    Aw, that is nice. When your friends are having a bad time, dump them. Yeah, good advice, thanks.

    3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. " An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.

    Well, I would agree with the general point, but the devil quote... please, linking that to Alzheimers, just choose one or the other. Learn who made that quote, and learn what it means.

    4. Enjoy the simple things.

    This one works. I do enjoy laughing at those lesser than me.

    5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

    Well, the first bit, yes, I am not sure about causing yourself asphyxiation though... Also, it probably is not a good idea to laugh loudly at funerals, or when someone else recieves good news. It is much better to chuckle quietly under your breath.

    6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

    Well that is not strictly true, what about the predecessor of unseparated conjoined twins? I am also not sure what connection the first and last sentences have to each other.

    7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

    Not if you have room mates. Also, I happen to love roast potatoes. Should I cover my house in them?

    8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

    Hang on, what happened to letting your doctor worry about that kind of thing? I do think this point is more sensible though. In addition, what if you have an unstable alcohol problem? Should you drink more and make it a more stable problem?

    9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

    Hang on, so if I were to kill the neighbours cat, or set the house on fire, your reccomendation is to flee the country? Actually, with my house mates, that might not be a bad idea.

    10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

    Ah, now that is cute. What if they are married to someone else? And what about when someone gets pissed off with you for saying "I love you" too much? Fun fact: Men who say 'I love you' more than five times a day are 35% more likely to be cheating on their significant other.

    Now I'm hungry, and I'm going to pick a fight.
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?