<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Sunday, August 15, 2004

    Saw Muse/Ro today, which was nice. We had lunch and chatted about people. Mostly about how some people are just not as good as others. Also in an unrelated topic, our friend returning from another country and horse related matters. This was followed by...

    An issue of morality

    Walking along the road in the rain today, I came across what appeared to be a folded tenner lying in the road. Immediate moral dilemma. Do I pick it up or leave it? There is a white van at the side of the road, my paranoia swiftly informs me that I could very well be the target of a prank of some kind. Taking a few steps past the note, which I see appears to be wrapped around another, I run through the possible moral consequences of taking the money or not, given that it is not a set up.

    1. I take the money, I am at least £10 richer. I feel guilty at night.
    2. I do not take the money, I remain at current finances, but I know I have done a good thing. I still wonder if I should have taken it.

    I then decide what the heck, I can not sleep at night anyway. I turn pick up the money, seeing that it is in fact £15 pounds, two more scenatios immediately pop to mind.

    3. I take the money, realising it is mine, I pocket it, feel good, and laugh about it afterwards.
    4. I leave the money, on returning home I find I have lost £15 and feel stupid for the rest of my life.

    Putting my hand in my pocket I confirm that 3 is true, and live happily ever after. For a given value of ever after.

    Now I'm tired and I'm going to bed.
    Comments:
    well i hope im one of the better people! oh and that u are out on friday for i shall back in gud ole pompey:) very disapionted in u.

    caitlin x
     
    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?