<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Wednesday, October 20, 2004

    So, continuing the story, we were both rudely awoken on Sunday by Ben's mobile going off loudly at some unreasonable time, (read 11AM) and managed to remain nearly immobile for most of the day, thanks to the sofa bed allowing us to lay, sit and eat all in the same vicinity. Considering I had thought it was Monday, this was a pleasent turn of events. Eventually, after a lovely meal cooked by Caitlin herself, we took our leave and got the bus back to the station, where the adventures began...

    As far as I am aware Ben got home fine, I, however, tool a longer route.

    I got as far as Didcot fine, but there were no trains to Bath, which was kind of a problem. I countered this by ignoring it, and getting on the appropriate train anyway. The logic was that at least I would be closer to Bath, and it would take me less time to get there the next day in the event of the need for sleeping rough. I ended up in Bristol, with no money, no ticket, and no way home.

    It was implied that I could have had a lift from my housemate, unfortunately it was implied by denial: "OK, I won't pick you up then..." still not sure what I said to deserve that! Ah well, I have long since given up on trying to understand female motives. As insurance against this, I got in contact with Katie, who studies in Bristol, and asked if I could sleep on her floor in case of no lift home becoming available. After some discussion, the plan was that if I could not get back to Bath I would walk to hers, which I assumed must be at least a little closer than my house.

    Anyway, I walked to the bus station, on the off chance that there would be a bus at that hour, mush have been about 8-9ish I think. I then ran across a station official, who must have seen that I was lost, because he asked,

    "Were you on the canceled train mate?"
    "Yes". I replied, "Yes I was..."
    "Where you going"
    "Bath"

    Fortunately there were 3 other people who wanted to go to Bath within earshot, so the 4 of us ended up on a coach to Bath, completely free, so that was quite the bonus. Upon arrival, I ran into an old housemate, Sheran (Well, you always asked me to put you in the blog sometime...) who was being driven home by another housemate, Will. She offered me a ride, and I accepted, to arrive home to my welcoming housemates. Who accused me of being drunk. Which I was not. Which leads me to the next part of today's Blog...

    I am giving up drink for the week, starting last sunday at midnight. So far I have made two days, and I am not feeling good. I woke up with an anti-hangover this morning, which was as far from feeling normal as a hangover is, but on the other side. Terry Pratchett readers may recognise this state as being "Knurd" everything was dull, and strangely clear, the other symptoms were just confusing.

    Anyway, my recovering drunk diaries (Not alcoholic, I do not go to meetings) start tomorrow, and I hope to continue the five posts a week standard.

    Now I'm ill, and I'm going to fence.
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?