<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Wednesday, December 08, 2004

    Well, this could be the only contact I have with anyone for a while, since I ate a warmed up chicken toastie earlier. Did not occur to me until later that you are not supposed to re-heat chicken. Ah well, never mind.

    Funny thing, I am missing certain people quite a lot right now, I will refrain from saying who, mainly because I would hate to get all soppy online, and I would run the risk of offending other people. Plus I do not want to go off on a rant.

    There is an epic fencing story coming too, which has much drinking and little fencing. It is a good story.

    Ah screw it... I think I will rant a little after all.

    Some time ago, there was a guy I was mates with, going through a lot of girl trouble at a similar time to me. Whenever he was down, we would go out, I would buy him a drink, or seven, and we would get trashed and forget all about the female of the species. He would do the same for me. Do you know how much he ended up owing me?

    One of my female friends had a similar situation, I would go round, be there with her. Perhaps we would go out do something nice. When I was down she always gave the best advice, she was there to put an arm round me when I was down. A guy needs that kind of thing occasionally. Sometimes I would get free food, sometimes she would get free drink. You know how much we owe each other respectively?

    Before then, I had a thing going on involving lunches, one person would get it for all of us one week, another the next. Sometimes one person or the other would not be there when they were buying. Do you know how much they owe me?

    You know what? I bloody well have no idea. We were friends, it was a thing friends do. No one was out to cheat the others out of money, sometimes a debt might slide, but it happened both was, over even a year that kind of thing evens out. People mean more to me than money, I just do not care if I loose out a little to my mates. Hell, I can not afford to loose money any more than anyone else, but the fact is, if you are hanging about with people who are going to try to steal off of you perhaps you should find different friends. I know I trust all of mine.

    I just wish that some of the people I am closest to felt the same. It kinda hurts when you try your best to build up friendship and trust and it gets thrown back in your face.

    Not that this is directed against anyone in particular of course.

    Now I'm pissed off, and I'm going to revise.
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?