<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Sunday, March 13, 2005

    I was reading The Sun today, my housemate buys it, and I read anything that is left lying around.

    One thing that amused me about the publication was the difference between agony columns in said newspaper and, say, The Times. In The Times, you tend to have a number of pages for answering questions. These range from "Who invented the left handed spatula"" and "When did X battle happen"" through "I'm having a dinner party, how many spoons should I lay out?" "What kind of dinner table should I use?" and all the way up to the more risqué "Me and my fiancé want to have sex for the first time, how can I make it special?"

    The Sun has one. It has questions and problems with titles such as; "I don't want my boyfriends family to find out I'm really a transgender man." And "I had a threesome with two guys behind my boyfriends back, and cheated on him with 3 others. Now I'm worried he'll think I'm a slut, but I'm not."

    To be fair, the Sun has some more interesting ones, if not exactly helpful.

    I'd like to write some of the replies to these questions. Difference is, I would be honest. I agreed with the advice given to the final problem above, but it was phrased in such a way that it seemed to suggest that the boyfriend was at fault. I would have said something along the lines of

    "Well dear, unless you took money you are not actually a whore, but you are getting there. The relationship would appear to be over even before you did this, but most decent people would leave their partner rather than screwing up your life and his by being a heartless cheat."

    Seriously though, it does piss me off. The main excuse used by girls cheating, in my experience, is because their partner is either not around enough or does not pay enough attention to them, physically as well as emotionally. Then it is usually they had been left alone at a party or club, had a bit to drink and were really horny, so they end up screwing some random guy.

    Have some fucking self control! If you are that desperate, you should have dumped him long ago. To be honest, he will probably be better off without you, because if you can not summon up the self control to say a simple two letter word (Clue, it is not "Yes") You really can not be trusted in other areas of life, including, but not restricted to, eventual murder over minor household incident and my personal favorite, being unable to stop cramming food into your mouth until you die of a massive coronary.

    Ah, it has been a while since I ranted about something like that.
    Comments:
    Right on! My own feelings exactly. If you have a problem with the relationship you talk to them or break up with them, you don't fuck the first guy who gives a sympathetic ear.... Theres really no excuse unless you were taken advantage of.
     
    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?