<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Sunday, March 27, 2005

    It is Easter. Therefore I am sitting here drinking an entire glass of milk. By tomorrow morning I think we will have confirmed whether I do, in fact, have a serious allergy to it.

    In other news, I was drunk again the other night, as I have mentioned, and I came home to a house full of family. Now as I have mentioned before, there is the eternal dilemma, fast and noisy, or quiet and painfully slow.

    On this occasion, however, I managed everything fairly swiftly and silently. Aside from after I entered my room. The floor is covered with, well mainly suitcase, but also a few clothes, sports equipment, and a chair. In the semi-darkness, therefore I had to navigate my way through this potential minefield. This involved stepping from one empty patch to another as I made my way to the bed for my contact lens case, then back and forth a few times.

    No problem... for one who is sober. As I was drunk, there were multiple problems. One was that the spaces were a little further apart than an ordinary stride, so I was stretching over some quite tall debris. Another was that in the darkness, there was always a chance I might misstep, and stand on something sharp and/or breakable. Therefore I was doing that strange kind of walk that you use to approach the edge of a cliff, (You know the one, all your weight on the back foot, stepping about an inch at a time, trying to simultaneously lean backwards, but crane your neck to see over the edge.) but stretched out so far that I looked like I was attempting to perform a Kata in the crane stance. This was all very well, with my foot hovering above the scattered debris, until I committed to putting the foot down. At this point, all my weight would pivot on my back heel, bringing my leading foot down about 4 times more heavily than usual.

    Fortunately for me and everyone in hearing distance, my aim was pretty good, and there were no 'incidents.'

    The following night, I went to Ben's for an evening of beer, pizza, Eddie Izzard and (bizarrely) American Drum Corps bands. All was good. Caitlin was the leader of the little group responsible for the text message. I hope you enjoy the beer I donated Ben.

    Now I'm tired, and not sure if I should be. Bloody British Summer Time.
    Comments:
    Semi-darkness? Is there no light in your room? Or do you use torch light?
     
    Didn't want to wake my family with the lights. My room is just across frommy parents.
     
    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?