<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Tuesday, March 22, 2005

    Well, you can always find a genius somewhere. And thanks for the info on Mr Lee.

    Anyway, I tire of the stalking theme, so straight to bullying.

    I am one of those people who just can not stand it, perhaps because of my time at school, or for whatever reason. When I heard as I came home that my brother had been punched in the face by a bigger boy over a video game discussion, I was ready to, in no uncertain terms, teach the little brat a lesson.

    Apparently, online the previous night, my brother had beaten this other lad in a game, and as revenge, said fucker had shoulder barged him into a wall and hit him with a left hook.

    My brother was dead against going to the teachers, thinking it would cause more problems than it would solve. As it happens, this is exactly what I used to do. Teachers are rubbish at punishing misbehaviour, in general. This is at least in part due to the fact that there is a constant fear of being sued for any minor mistake made in discipline. (Remember that time someone lost their job for shouting too loud at a year 10 girl?)

    Anyway, when I was his age, I was smallest in the year, so my only recourse was to put up with it, in the happy knowledge that someday the tables would turn... Not that I am going into details here, but they did.

    What pisses me off even more is that my brother is one of the strongest and most powerful in his year, and yet, because he is a nice person, he refuses to hurt anyone back. As far as I am concerned people who take advantage of a person like him are filth, scum of the earth, and deserve to have the shit scared out of them in return.

    When I heard about this incident, immediately the options began to filter through my mind... From the legal, but dangerous; Dragging him to his parents and demanding they explain what their pig of a son just did. The illegal, but safe, and (for me) moral; eye for an eye, find him on the way back from school and smack him one. The legal and probably immoral; Turn up outside the school every day, let him know that I was watching him, occasionally turn up outside one of his classes and greet him by name. Turn up at his door occasionally on the pretext of double glazing sales or Jehova's witnessing... Or the damn right abusive; anonymous letters, to him and his parents.

    Anyway, I quickly dismissed most of these, and hearing more of the situation it did not seem to warrant actual crime or violence, so I settled for walking with my brother into school. Fortunately, I wanted to go in anyway, to talk to all my old friends and teachers. Even more fortunately, having decided that I would not embarrass my brother by being seen with him too long, I accidentally ran into him while he was doing some tech work, with his uncouth friends. I kicked him as I walked past, as you do, and continued to walk,just exchanging a "Hey" as we passed each other. It was gratifying to hear a chorus of nervous "Who was that?"'s as I walked away, and a very casual "Ah just my older brother" afterwards.

    At least now they know I am around, and one of his best mates who was also there will help matters. He enjoys fighting and martial arts, and being big, he takes the opportunity to attack me every time he is round, which is a bit of fun. Hopefully he will pass on a few stories about the results when I fight them both with a blind fold on, or even better, how I broke my brother's leg. Just not how I did it, that is less impressive.

    Anyway, I'll probably rant more about this later.
    Comments:
    I can't say I ever really got bullied at school other than the usual playful teasing because I actually made an effort at school and did some work. I think because I carried on regardless and wasn't ashamed of it, they soon got bored of the whole idea though.

    There was one really annoying 'big kid' who was in my GCSE Drama group though, who insisted on 'accidently' kicking me now and then.

    Unfortunately for him, he once caught me on a bad day, and I smashed him up against the wall, looked him in the eyes and said "don't ever do that again". I don't know who was more surprised - him, my friends, or the teacher.

    Regardless, the tables were turned, the accidental kicking stopped and I could make him back away from me in corridors by looking him in the eyes.

    Bullies are just insecure idiots who like to have a feeling of power... much like many bouncers in that respect.

    There's probably a moral for your brother here somewhere.
     
    Moral... that we should go beat up the bouncers?

    lol, for those of you who may be concerned about my apparently fratercidal tendancies, he broke his leg in a skiing accident... yes, an accident...
     
    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?