<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Saturday, June 25, 2005

    Ranting aside, I just thought I would take the time to explain a small theory I posted on Dave's blog, (see link on right.)

    It is all with regard to finding the perfect girl, and assumes that each time you go out with someone, and subsequently break up, you become a little wiser, and a little closer to finding the aforementioned girl.

    Well, if you take perfectness of girlfriend to equal a*K, where K is the number of girlfriends, and a an arbritrary constant, then by allowing K to tend to infinity, a*K also tends to infinity. Since this is not a closed interval, it is fruitless searching for the perfect girl.

    However, by Archimedes' postulate, you can find an N, a member of the natural numbers, such that for all P in the Real numbers, K>N implies that a*K>P. With P being the desired level of perfection.

    In other words, you may not find the perfect girl, but you can potentially find a girl who is as good as you would ever want.

    The beauty of this is that it also works when the next girl could be better or worse, with some slight modifications. The idea is that since perfection can be considered an infinite value of P, there are far more "high" numbers than "low" numbers, regardless of your definition of "high" and "low." Therefore, for any person, there is always one better.

    Unless of course, you are me.

    Superiority complex... I know...
    Comments:
    thats frankly the silliest theory I've ever heard, and I listen to myself a lot.

    Incidentally... 574 hits? Curse your black heart,
     
    That theory is only silly to those who don't have the optimism to let it work. A pessimistic person will forever be without any K and therefoe has no chance of finding N.
    Without optimism this theory will not work so believe in the theory and it will work.
    Plus maths does have the answer to everything whether mathematicians know how to make it work is the real question
    By the way Rich thankyou for completing my theory. I am not a mathematician and also can't spell which is why i was initially sceptical but the maths is sound and it will work i will find my perfect girlfriend!!!
     
    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?