<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Saturday, June 11, 2005

    Tea makes everything better.

    I'd forgotten just how much this was true. I am currently revising like a man possessed for MA20014, Numerical Analysis. I do not know whether you have ever seen someone possessed, but in my case it involves some quite sickening mucus dripping from my nose and mouth, the desire to claw out my eyes and everyone else around me, and body wracking convulsions coupled with loud harsh exclamations.

    Or that could be hayfever.

    And I get the second part of the eye thing anyway.

    To put it bluntly, revision is not going well, and in desperation, I went out and bought some bananas, margarine and hobnobs. After two banana sandwiches, I decided to have a hobnob. This required tea (see, there is a point to this) after making it, and consuming 3 of the simply marvelous biscuits, I took my first sip...

    Heaven...

    The sheer relaxation, the warm, comfortable feeling, the soothing, bitter taste. Truly, the British Empire was built on tea.

    Imagine then, my horror to find... It makes my hayfever worse. (Yes, a second link back! On a roll!) It is only marginal, but as I relax, after about 5 minutes, the familiar tingling begins. As of yet, it has not progressed beyond a simple awareness of the problem. But that is how it started with milk.

    Milk, the sweetest of all cow excretions, and my 2nd favourite soft drink, is now forbidden to me. Upon drinking it hayfever sets upon me like a rabid dog, and I even have a reaction in deepest winter. Untill this year I have not been deterred by this, but now it has gotten just too bad, so I no longer partake.

    But tea... I could not live if this too were put beyond my means. Therefore, I have begun my own assault.

    I am now on 4 different kinds of antihistimine. Nasal spray, 2 forms of pill, and a specially made eyedrop for contact lens wearers.

    I will continue to drink tea, and I will survive.

    Now my eyes are itching, and I'm going for tea.
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?