<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Friday, August 26, 2005

    Censorship.

    A pet hatred of mine, as I am a strong believer in free flow of information.

    Which is why today, when someone approached me, and attempted to prevent me writing on certain subjects, I was furious. The fact it was said in an intimidating tone only made matters worse.

    A lot of people, who do not know me well, are under the impression that I am a nice person, a person who will not stand up for himself, a pushover.

    These people often like to see how far they can go, how much they can take advantage of another human being. Normally, they have some leeway, because I feel it is more hassle to deal with them than I can be bothered to put up with.

    Sometimes they go too far.

    Sometimes they try to stand between me and my friends, sometimes they try to steal. Sometimes they try to stop me expressing my opinions. Sometimes they make threats.

    I have three words with respect to that.

    HOW DARE YOU!

    You see, I am not always nice. You can ask the people closest to me if you really want to know what I can be like. In my view, anyone who thinks they can take advantage of someone weaker than themselves deserves whatever they get. Sometimes, when they get it, they do not like it. Sometimes, other people do not like it.

    Now I did not want to cause a scene. So what I am going to do is this. Tonight, I will go back to the bar, with a piece of paper. On that paper will be this website address. I will hand this piece of paper to someone I think needs to hear what I am about to say.

    This is my place. I will write whatever I want, whenever I want. Legally, I am allowed to express myself here. I neither lie, nor deliberately cause offence. If you do not like it, go elsewhere. This is my space, where I write for my friends.

    Threats will not work, harassment will not work. The only thing that will change the way I do things here, is if any one person comes to me, and tells me that something that I have done has made them upset, and they would like it removed. It should be noted, I do not respond well to rudeness.

    Oh, and one more thing, do not mistake a long fuse for fear or weakness.

    I would rather be punched in the face than abandon principle
    Comments:
    Ye! Censorship is lame!
     
    Hmm, did they find and kill you after you posted that? I haven't seen any updates...
     
    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?