<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Thursday, August 18, 2005

    I cooked today. A fearsome prospect I know.

    However, this was not just any meal... This was a pasta bake.

    Now I do not like to boast, but I make an awesome pasta bake. It inspires awe. Not many people get to sample it however, as when I make one, I tend to eat pasta bake for breakfast lunch and tea I am in fact eating it as I type.

    It is a meal to make gods jealous. Literally. I know some of them can not stand to have something worshipped more than they are, a certain Judeo-Christian one especially.

    It is one of those exceptions to the normal rule. In this case, the rule is that I can follow instructions with respect to cooking fine, thus I am pretty good at cakes, rice pudding etc, where I have an exact recipe in front of me. It is the vague bits that always get me.

    "A pinch of salt" or "salt to taste" will often result in a ruined dish, as will "sprinkle some cheese" this being because I like salt and cheese, and am rather too liberal with both.

    As for anything like "a handful" do not even go there.

    Left work early today, due to not feeling so good, stomach ache. Am hoping desperately to recover by tomorrow, since I hope to drink a certain quantity of alcohol then...

    Mmm, whiskey time...
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?