<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Sunday, August 14, 2005

    In a change to scheduled events, I am too lazy to formulate an opinion on what I was going to rant about, so to be fair, blatantly, sod it. It would be rude not to.

    Pretty dull day at work today, worked alone for as long as I did with company. I did, however, stay for a few drinks afterwards. It was going to be just the one, but people just kept buying me drinks, despite me being on the other side of the bar, so again, it would be rude not to.

    Had a couple of good conversations tonight, with acquaintances old and new. I am completely happy with tonight's turnout, despite the mind numbing boredom of the previous hours.

    Ah, and while I remember, yesterday, and the day before, that weird guy who offered me a job was in again.

    He was first in about a week ago I think. He said he would buy me a drink if I could correctly name three glasses. I named two, so I got my pint of 6X, mmm. But he said he could train me as a landlord if I wanted it, but I turned it down, despite his promise of 50K a year. To be fair, I could happily get that in my planned career, if only in 5 years time. The thing is though, whilst 50K is great as a 20 year old, I am thinking down the line I want to be earning a little more than that, and as a publican, I am not sure I could.

    Anyway, he offered the same to Lou a few nights back, and I am sure by now he has gone round the entire staff. Apparently he used to run the Plough in the past. Meh.

    So anyway...

    Now I'm tired, and I'm going to talk to someone...

    Northern, Welsh... bloody foreigners...
    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?