<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Monday, September 12, 2005

    England=Good 

    “there is no national pride in being english except by bnp members and hooligans and these people are the reason that normal people arent proud to be english as people are proud to be scottish or welsh.” (all sic.)

    Now Caitlin… I have national pride in being English, and in fact also being British. These are, incidentally different things.

    I am glad to be English, I enjoy our reputation. I think we have an excellent accent, when it is spoken properly. We are a tiny country, and yet we do not speak American, they speak English. We have nurtured some great scientists, and great people who have changed the world. We invented Cricket. I am definitely proud. I have pride. Some people say it is wrong to have pride in your nationality, since you couldn’t help where you were born, or who you were born to. I say, however, I am glad to be a part of this nation, and thus I have pride in it. When I see my fellow countrymen succeed, I am proud of them, I do not think there is anything wrong with that.

    “…feels the british press hype up the england team too much and dont give any coverage to other uk nations...which is true and unfair.” (also sic.)

    Well, perhaps true, but not unfair… In general the England teams are better, and we do live in… uhm… <I>England</I>. I am sure local Welsh, Scottish and Irish news is very much more critical of England, than English press is of them.

    It is the old inferiority complex working again. When one of the smaller countries succeeds, I am more than happy to praise them, as are the English press, but when England succeeds, there are always faults found, arguments made, criticisms… also made.

    When they have similar levels of success… well yes England tends to get more airtime… but I say again… we do in fact live in England here…

    Well, I do not have much of a point really, I just want it to be known that I am against people railing against that which is not there.

    Oh, and a good example that comes to mind is Pop Idol. Michelle was not a Pop Idol. The guy she was up against could have been. The reason she won? All of Scotland voted for her… <I>Because she was Scottish</I>. England was divided between the two, because they <I>did not have a point to prove</I>.

    I want to go to bed.

    I also want whiskey.
    Comments:
    Whiskey? Pah! You don't deserve it. Have some cider you limy cunt! Down with the opressors! :p
    Rebecca
     
    If we win. We drink.

    If we lose. We drink and fight.

    That's why we are English.
     
    Whiskey I shall have, what's the point of subjugating entire nations if you can't steal their drinks? Yes, a nice Scotch whiskey I think.
     
    I didn't know we won until reading it here. I care not about sport.

    And its em for italics.
     
    But the bbc is british and on national tv and news etc. the other nations are largely over looked. i think its just people i happen to be friends with tho that are so anti england... i dont like whisky on its own (am a big girly). x
     
    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?