<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Thursday, September 08, 2005

    Microsoft... /sigh\ 

    I am sitting at home wondering what to do.

    I have done pull-ups. I have done twice as many press-ups. And I just did three times as many sit-ups. Perhaps I should go running.

    You see, at the moment I am sitting in a house, rather too big for one person, with three separate gaming systems, (actually 8, but three good ones) and on each system, there is one game which I enjoy above all others. I cannot decide which to do.

    I have grown a little jaded with Warcraft; it takes so much effort to get somewhere that you can have fun. Fable, whilst still fun, seems somewhat empty when played alone, especially in comparison to Warcraft.

    As for Fifa 2005, well, it is just not very challenging at the moment.

    I could continue with writing my story, but I am low on inspiration at the moment. I have read every book in the house, which is no short task.

    So essentially, yes, I am blogging to say that I am bored.

    But in other news, I was in the shop yesterday, and noticed Mars and Snickers bards going for 34p. This struck me as odd. I would charge 33p. My logic is this, if I walk into a shop with £1 to spend on sweets, (which happens reasonably regularly, and has done throughout my life) I would happily buy a Mars, a Snickers, and a Twix. However, I am forced to buy only two of the above, and go for something cheaper to fill the remaining 32p. This could be Harribo or something I suppose, but the fact is, I personally am more likely to hold onto my change.

    So, in my example, by charging 33p, Mars would loose out on 3p on three bars, but be up by the profit margin on the last bar. The profit margin I expect is something like 30p anyway.

    Anyway, it just seems silly, like charging £6.01 instead of £5.99.

    I have also come up with a solution to the gap at the bottom of my posts. It is not an elegant solution, but it is one that should ultimately benefit readers of the strip. Or cause widespread famine and destruction.

    In any case, I would welcome comments, both giving me ideas of what the hell to do with my free time, and, borrowing from Kieran's book (blog?), ideas for what to write about.

    That will be all.

    A bottle of brandy is within arms reach... Do not push me.          
    Comments:
    It probably costs that much cause its easier with the VAT. Most people probably won't buy three chocolate bars after all.

    Ideas? Find more webcomics, and read through their archives, or, you know, buy some new books or get them from the library. There are also thousands of awesome games to download totally for free- check out http://www.the-underdogs.org/ specifically zangband tk.

    For blogging out? Hmm, if I could come up with topics off the top of my head, do you think I'd ask others? Printers, phones and drinking.
     
    hows about u organise a get together on monday night? (im too lazy to and u have free time) see u next week hopefully.
     
    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?