<$BlogRSDUrl$>

It's only semi autobiographical

  • My Profile
  • Saturday, March 11, 2006

    Macarena 

    I sit here listening to the Macarena. There is a reason behind this, and wit my usual belated commentary on day-to-day events I will now relate why.

    Last Monday, spurred on by the lecturer’s strike giving us a Tuesday off work, a group of us went to the nightclub known as Po Na Na’s. It was fairly dead when we entered, so we decided, to get things going a bit, that we would walk into the centre stage of the dance floor. Regardless of the music being played we would then dance the Macarena and leave. How I convinced the others to do this I will never know.

    In any case, we did so, and then ran away to preserve some form of dignity. The best thing was though, later in the evening, they played the Macarena for us, without us even having to ask. I’m not sure whether that was a good thing or not…

    The rest of the evening went without great event, aside from Kit trying to steal a road sign and having a run in with the police and a taxi driver. And Elaine getting a thick lip.

    When the Internet actually starts working again, I will post this…

    Comments:
    Of course, I do still have this bet on... my friend reckons that you can dance the Macarena to ANY piece of music... I seek to prove otherwise.
     
    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?